Stress Treatment Therapy in Aylesbury and Bicester
Follow the three guidelines discussed below:
- How to overcome negative thinking
- How to manage your stress
- How to improve your self-esteem
How to overcome negative thinking:
- Meditating or yoga (twice a week)
- Smile and greet strangers
- Surround yourself with positive people
- Change the tone of your thoughts from negative to positive
- Don’t play the victim; you create your life
- Help someone else
- Remember that no one is perfect and let yourself move forward
- Sing and dance
- List five things that you are grateful for right now
- Read positive quotes
How to manage your stress:
- Exercise – Exercise has been proven to have a beneficial effect on a person’s mental and physical state. For many people, exercise is an extremely effective stress buster.
- Assertiveness – Don’t say yes to everything. If you can’t do something well or if something is not your responsibility, try to seek ways of not agreeing to do them.
- Nutrition – Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables. Try to have a healthy and balanced diet.
- Time – Make sure you set aside some time each day just for yourself. Use that time to organise your life, relax and pursue your own interests.
- Breathing – There are some effective breathing techniques that will slow down your system and help you relax.
- Talk – Talk to family, friends, work colleagues, your boss or a counsellor. Express your thoughts and worries.
- Seek professional help – If the stress is affecting the way you function, see your doctor. Heightened stress for prolonged periods can be bad for your physical and mental health.
- Relaxation techniques – Talking to counsellors, meditation, massage and yoga have been known to greatly help people with stress.
How to improve your self-esteem:
- List 10 strengths (what you are good at or what others have said about you)
- Set realistic expectations
- Set aside perfection and reflect upon your accomplishments
- Explore yourself and open up to new things and people
- Be willing to adjust your own self-image
- Stop comparing yourself to others
- Dress well
- Practice good posture
- Compliment other people
- Speak up
- Be your own person
- Please yourself
- Avoid negative people
- Face your fears and learn from your failures
- Stop the negative thoughts
- Learn to appreciate yourself
- Reward yourself when you succeed
make an effort to follow them every day, "you CAN do it"
Speak to our counsellor today so we can help you become balanced again.