Stress Treatment Therapy in Aylesbury and Bicester
Speak to our counsellor today so we can help you become balanced again.
1. Meditating or yoga (twice a week)
2. Smile and greet strangers
3. Surround yourself with positive people
4. Change the tone of your thoughts from negative to positive
5. Don’t play the victim; you create your life
6. Help someone else
7. Remember that no one is perfect and let yourself move forward
8. Sing and dance
9. List five things that you are grateful for right now
10. Read positive quotes
1. Exercise – Exercise has been proven to have a beneficial effect on a person’s mental and physical state. For many people, exercise is an extremely effective stress buster.
2. Assertiveness – Don’t say yes to everything. If you can’t do something well or if something is not your responsibility, try to seek ways of not agreeing to do them.
3. Nutrition – Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables. Try to have a healthy and balanced diet.
4. Time – Make sure you set aside some time each day just for yourself. Use that time to organise your life, relax and pursue your own interests.
5. Breathing – There are some effective breathing techniques that will slow down your system and help you relax.
6. Talk – Talk to family, friends, work colleagues, your boss or a counsellor. Express your thoughts and worries.
7. Seek professional help – If the stress is affecting the way you function, see your doctor. Heightened stress for prolonged periods can be bad for your physical and mental health.
8. Relaxation techniques – Talking to counsellors, meditation, massage and yoga have been known to greatly help people with stress.
1. List 10 strengths (what you are good at or what others have said about you)
2. Set realistic expectations
3. Set aside perfection and reflect upon your accomplishments
4. Explore yourself and open up to new things and people
5. Be willing to adjust your own self-image
6. Stop comparing yourself to others
7. Dress well
8. Practice good posture
9. Compliment other people
10. Speak up
11. Be your own person
12. Please yourself
13. Avoid negative people
14. Face your fears and learn from your failures
15. Stop the negative thoughts
16. Learn to appreciate yourself
17. Reward yourself when you succeed
make an effort to follow them every day, “you CAN do it“